From MTG Salvation Wiki
|Parts of a Card|
|Spells, Abilities, and Effects|
- Tribal is not a permanent type. However, a tribal card can become a permanent if another of its types allows it to do so.
- Many Lorwyn cards refer to specific creature types. These cards may affect tribals, depending on what they say and what they do. For example, using "Goblin" as our creature type:
- If a card uses "Goblin" as a noun (that is, without following it with a word like "card" or "spell"), it actually means "Goblin permanent." It can affect any Goblin permanent in play, including a Goblin tribal.
- If a card says just "Goblin creature," it can affect only a Goblin creature in play. It can't affect a tribal.
- If a card says "Goblin card," it can affect any Goblin card not in play, including a Goblin tribal card.
- If a spell asks whether you control a Goblin, it's asking whether you control a Goblin permanent. It won't count Goblin spells you control (including itself).
- If a card with multiple types has one or more subtypes, each subtype is correlated to its appropriate type.
- When one or more of a permanent's subtypes changes, the new subtype(s) replace any existing subtypes from the appropriate set (creature types, land types, artifact types, enchantment types, spell types, or planeswalker types). It won't affect the subtypes from any other set, and it won't affect the permanent's types.
- If a permanent ceases to be one of its types, the subtypes correlated with that type will remain if they are also the subtypes of a type the permanent currently has; otherwise, they are also removed for the entire time the permanent's type is removed.
- Many older cards have received errata in the Oracle card database to work sensibly with tribals. For example, instant and sorcery cards can't come into play. If an older card was printed with a wording that allowed you to put a Goblin card into play, it now specifies that you can put a Goblin permanent card into play.
|Artifact||Equipment, Fortification, Contraption|
|Enchantment||Aura, Curse, Shrine|