Standard (formerly known as Type 2  ) is a rotating constructed format that allows for all cards in the newest two story-based blocks and the newest Core Set to be played, save for cards on the Standard Banned List.
Constructed decks must contain a minimum of sixty cards. There is no maximum deck size; however, you must be able to shuffle your deck with no assistance. If a player wishes to use a sideboard, it may contain up to fifteen cards.
These are the sets that are legal in the Standard format as of September 27, 2013 :
- Return to Ravnica
- Dragon's Maze
- Magic 2014
- Born of the Gods (effective February 7, 2014)
As of July 30, 2012, there are no banned cards in the current Standard environment.
Previously banned cards in Standard
- See also: Timeline of DCI bans and restrictions.
The following is a list of cards that have been banned at one point during their stay in the Standard environment.
Popular standard decks
- Black Swarm
- Jaba Sligh
- Mind over Monolith
- Standard Boros Deck Wins
- Standard Doran Rock deck
- Standard Elves deck
- Standard Mana Ramp deck
- Standard Red Deck Wins deck
- Standard Zoo Deck (RGW Aggro)
- Tolarian Academy deck
- ↑ Mark Rosewater. (August 06, 2012.) "Setting The Standard", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ Mark Rosewater. (August 05, 2013.) "Twenty Things That Were Going To Kill Magic", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Standard Format Deck Construction, MTG.com
Animosity, Binary, Callahan09, Chaosof99, Chrisrules895, Dexlenn, Dopescope, Faceless Wanderer, GeoMike, GodEmperorOfHell, Hunter61, Magic Mage, Merope, Oracle of Truth, Piranhamonkey, RMS Oceanic, Sneakyhomunculus, SorryGuy, Strand, SyntheticDreamer, Vegeta50024, Voice of All(MTG), Xovah