|Please help improve this article or section by expanding it.|
Further information regarding this issue may or may not be found on the talk page.
This article has been tagged since September 2012.
|Alternative name|| The Conclave,|
Life Churchers[fact? citation needed]
|Guild leader:|| Chorus of the Conclave|
(Ravnica block; deceased)
(Return to Ravnica block)
|Guild champion:|| Tolsimir Wolfblood|
(Return to Ravnica block)
|Guild hall:|| Vitu-Ghazi|
(Ravnica: City of Guilds)
(Return to Ravnica)
|Featured sets:|| Ravnica: City of Guilds|
Return to Ravnica
|Signet flavor text:|
|The symbol of the Conclave is one of unity, with tree supporting sun and sun feeding tree.|
Founded by parun Mat'Selesnya, a female humanoid-shaped elemental formed via the fusion of dryads, the Selesnya Conclave is a decentralized collective variably described as a "selfless, nurturing, spiritual group" or a "brainwashing nature cult", and involves itself in the establishment and maintenance of peace, life, and unity in Ravnica.
Despite their superficial, and readily misapprehended, appearance of being a "good" and "peace-loving" guild, the Conclave, often employing their quietmen and other members to silence the civilians of Ravnica and wreak havoc to Ravnica, are, in truth, hypocritical and as sinister, if not more so, than other Ravnican guilds.
Selesnya is composed mainly of dryads. The "guild leader" of Selesnya in the Ravnica: City of Guilds set is a collective mind known as the Chorus of the Conclave, with the top members of the guild as figureheads.
Mat'Selesnya now resides within Vitu-Ghazi, having offered herself to preserve order in Selesnya. Currently, three dryads, serving as the new guildmaster, serve as her voice.
The main seat of Selesnya's power in the region of Utvara was Vitar Yescu, an enormous living tree that produced a pollen that served as an antigen to local plague. The head of Selesnya in Utvara was elven shapeshifter Wrizfar Barkfeather.
After the Decamillennial, the decimated Wojek League turned to other guilds' similar organizations for temporary help. Many Selesnyan ledev thus serves as "apos", i.e. auxiliary patrol officers, with the wojeks. After the Decamillennial, a new half-military suborganization was also founded - the Knight Order of Mat'selesnya.
During the events of Agents of Artifice, the Selesnya were lynched en masse due to the citizens realising their role in forcing the oppression of the guilds. However, they returned as of the events of Return to Ravnica.
In the game
Ravnica: City of Guilds: Convoke
Return to Ravnica: Populate
Species and races
Species and races associated with the Selesnya Conclave include:
Classes associated with the Selesnya Conclave include:
- Selesnya Surge, the Return to Ravnica intro pack
- Selesnya United, the Ravnica: City of Guilds preconstructed theme deck
- The Magic Creative Team. (August 22, 2012.) "Planeswalker's Guide to Return to Ravnica: Part 1", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (October 3, 2005.) "Group Think", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Cavotta. (December 28, 2005.) "Digging into the Conclave", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe. (October 7, 2005.) "Completing the Conclave", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ Ravnica: City of Guilds: Selesnya Conclave Minisite — Wizards of the Coast
- ↑ Ravnica: City of Guilds: Chapter 17 — MTG Fiction
- Ravnica: City of Guilds: Selesnya Conclave Minisite — Wizards of the Coast
- Return to Ravnica: Selesnya Conclave Minisite — Wizards of the Coast
- Gatherer watermark search for Selesnya, Gatherer — Wizards of the Coast
|Guilds of Ravnica|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds ()||Guildpact ()||Dissension ()|
|Return to Ravnica () and Dragon's Maze ()||Gatecrash () and Dragon's Maze ()|