Double strike is a keyword ability that allows a creature to deal combat damage during both the First Strike and the normal Combat Damage Step. It was introduced in Legions and has been printed in each subsequent block. It is found primarily in Red, secondarily in White and a little in the rest of the colors.
- Double strike isn't first strike. Effects that make a creature lose first strike won't make it lose double strike.
- Creatures with double strike and creatures with first strike deal combat damage in the first combat damage step.
- All creatures that didn't assign combat damage in the first combat damage step assign combat damage in the second combat damage step. In addition, all creatures with double strike assign combat damage again in the second step.
- If a creature has both double strike and trample, the combat damage it assigned during the first combat damage step will be considered when determining how much damage can trample through in the second combat damage step.
Planeswalker that grant Double Strike
Creatures that grant Double Strike
Enchantments that grant just Double Strike
All your creatures
Spells that grant just Double Strike
Plane card that grants Double Strike
- A Planeswalker's Primer for Magic 2010: First Strike and Double Strike
- Wizards of the Coast. (Wednesday, October 22, 2003.) "Fun with double strike", Magic Arcana, MTG.com.